Monday, January 26, 2009

Nothing quite like 50 kids booing you at church...

So Josh and I volunteered (got recruited actually ha) to act in little skits for the K-5th grade once a month on Sunday nights.  Last night was our first time.  Josh was a silent drummer.  I was supposed to be a comedian, but the jokes were all horrible.  To the point that the 50 + kids were actually booing me.  It's funny in hindsight, but it caught me so off guard onstage that I stumbled over a couple of my lines.  First time for everything hah.. We go again on February 8th.  My part is supposed to speak with this obnoxious lisp that I'm really struggling to do.  Josh is going to be the Good Samaritan.  Then on March 8th I'm playing a gardener named Holly Honeysuckle or something like that.  The other actors are really nice, and dramatic in age range.  There are a couple men, one just moved here with his wife and 4 daughters from Dallas to start a church in Smyrna, but it doesn't open until September.  The other does professional voiceovers for tv shows and commercials and whatnot.  He's also a salesman for a bank, which sounds like a pretty good gig from what he described.  There's a Master's student from MTSU focusing on English.  A freshman from MTSU who is about to change his major from EMC to Religious Studies, even though he isn't even sure that's offered as a major at MTSU.  A couple of high schoolers.  One was a freshman.  One seemed like an upperclassman, but he never said his grade.  The guy from Dallas brought his 11 year old and 8 year old daughters.  They were cute.  

Buddy's really cuddly today.  He's been pretty much permanently glued to my lap.  When I got home from the grocery today, I let him out with me while I was bringing the groceries in.  When I opened the door to my car to open my trunk, Buddy squeezed his way in thinking we were going to go for a ride.  He loves rides.  It took me a full 30 minutes to get him back out of the car.  I'd convince him to come out and before I could shut the door, he'd jump right back in.  He would twist himself in pretzel positions to make sure at least one paw was inside the car at all times.  I even came inside, turned off the garage light and shut the door to the house while leaving the car door open, but five minutes later when I opened the door, he had is paws perched on the front dash waiting for me to come get in.  Silly pup.

My classes are going really well thus far.  I really like 3 of the 4 professors I have in class.  My online classes are informative and interesting, but not challenging, which is kind of nice when you're taking 18 hours.  

Josh and I watched Max Payne tonight.  I fell asleep for the last 10 minutes.  I couldn't really get into it.  Sometimes these shoot'em up movies look all the same to me.  Not to mention it was bizarre to see the spoiled girl from That 70's Show holding a gun.

I should really be sleeping as I have class in the morning.  I'm at the point where I have classes with a lot of the same people as we're all trying to graduate within 2009.  I've met someone to at least talk to while waiting on class to start in every class, and I've inquired about becoming one of the lesser-involved officers for the Ad Club.  I know one of the co-presidents, so I'm thinking I'll actually join officially this year to add something to my resume.  I'd like to do an officer position this year so that I can apply for a officer that has a little more responsibility next year.  But we'll see.  I'm not counting on it as the faculty advisor currently doesn't like me.  I'm desperately trying to change his opinion in my Management class as that is a little more my forte than copywriting.  

This was longer than I expected.  Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout