Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The First Married Holiday Season

WHOA... holidays are busy. I never realized just how busy they are until this year. Now I know what all the fuss is about.

So let's see.. Christmas Eve I loaded up the dog and presents and headed home to Gallatin. I dropped Buddy off at Josh's parents, then headed to mine. Dad was at work, but mom and Alyssa were just relaxing. My throat was bugging me so it was nice to have some time to just rest before Christmas Eve service. Josh got off work around 1ish and stayed at his parents until church. It wasn't so crowded this year. I'm used to it being absolutely packed out. I also think 3 o'clock is awful early for a candlelight service. It's still light outside when you get out! Anyways, after that, we headed back to my parents for a little bit, and then to Josh’s for Christmas dinner/presents. Josh got a GPS. He really likes it. I get annoyed at it’s constant interrupting of conversations, but it wouldn’t do that if Josh didn’t feel the need to put every single place we ever go into it. Even if we’ve driven there 20 million times. It’s already been helpful for a few other situations though. My Eiffel necklace that I lost was replaced, which makes me happy as it was my favorite. There were other gifts, but those were our favorites from that exchange. Buddy got lots of treats which he likes.

Christmas morning, we woke up at Josh’s parents and then drove to mine for breakfast. Chocolate gravy and biscuits.. Yum J Dad got us lots of goofy gifts that were actually fun, such as a toy gun that shoots these little discs at you. And a toy hand grenade. And some playdoughish goop. Josh got lots of gift cards and I got clothes which were very needed. Again – more presents, but those are the ones that stick out. Buddy got a couple of toys – plush – that he ripped the ears off of within a few hours.

We got home around 4ish on Christmas day and did presents with each other. Josh got me WiiFit which is exciting, so we played that for a while. I got him Left4Dead and a book, that he didn’t actually play until the next day I think, but still it was a nerdy/fun Christmas for us. I still wasn’t feeling awesome, so went to sleep kind of early. We realized we had forgotten to do stockings so we did those day after Christmas. Had lunch with Missy on Friday and hung out at Starbuck’s talking for like 3 hours. It was nice to catch up. Saturday – we tried to put up the Christmas gifts. The house was an absolutely wreck. Josh forgot to put the trash by the curb before Christmas, and it was full. So we were just kind of stuck with all the Christmas trash until the next week.

Sunday was Christmas w/ my dad and stepmom’s family. We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and back to Lori’s parents for presents/waaay too much socializing for a Sunday night. I got books and a Barnes and Noble gift card, and Josh got gift cards as well.

New Year’s was pretty boring. Josh played his video games. I read Twilight (which I have now finished the entire series as of yesterday. Took 8 days which is impressive since I’m working too). We watched the ball drop. Stayed up late talking which is one of my new favorite things to do. Not sure he’s so crazy about it though haha. He’s such an old man when it comes to bed time :P

Garrett and Sarah came over on Saturday, which was great. We played Rock Band and Forkel and ate Mexican and Pizza. Not at the same time, naturally.

Started Sunday night church this week, which was weird. It feels unnatural to wake up on Sunday morning and not go anywhere. But it’s nice I think. Means quick dinners hah

Buddy has been a little bit of a handful the past couple of days. He’s begun barking if he’s mad that I won’t play with him the way he wants to play. He doesn’t do this to Josh. Just me. Then on Sunday, I gave him a bath. We let him out for about 10 minutes before we needed to get ready for church. He dug a whole under these boards that Josh and his Dad put up to keep him out from under the deck. He then crawled under the deck and rolled around in the dirt. When I went to let him in, he ran all over the house with his muddy little body. We had 20 minutes to bathe him, clean up the dirt, and get ready for church. We made it on time somehow.

The next day, he got in the dirt again. His crate permanently smells of wet dog between the rain and his baths.

This pretty much covers the holiday season, I think.

I graduate this year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout