Monday, February 9, 2009

full of photos

I feel as though life is so redundant, there isn't always anything interesting to write about. All my days are the same, give or take a couple details here and there. Sometimes I love that. Everything is uncomplicated when you know what to expect. But at the same time, I'm looking forward to moving if for no other reason than to break out of this routine. I feel too young to live the same day everyday.

Anyway, last week wasn't so interesting. I am now VP of Publicity for MTSU's Ad Club, which makes me happy. I haven't done much with it yet as I didn't get a chance to start until Thursday and our first meeting is Wednesday. I started a Facebook group/event thing, ran a Facebook ad starting last Thursday and running through Tuesday, and tomorrow I'm putting up flyers and whatnot. I eventually want to get it on the Mass Comm board, in Sidelines (if the guy will ever email me back), and I've started working on a website (the old one hasn't been updated since 2005...), but I'm not sure how to put it on the MTSU server yet. It makes me sad that we're the Advertising club and yet I keep hearing "What's the Ad Club?" and "I didn't even know we had that" from several people. If we can't promote our own club, what good are we?

This weekend has been pretty basic. I can't really remember Friday. I took Buddy to dog training. He does really well there. He graduates this Friday, so prepare for pictures of him in his little doggie graduate hat (that the trainer and I agreed he will try to eat.) Here's a picture of him because I think he's cute :P





Saturday morning, we went back to Sumner County to watch my sister play basketball, do taxes, and shoot guns.

Here's Alyssa shooting the ball. I need to photoshop it, but that's not available on this computer hah



And this is us watching the game:



I chickened out at the gun shooting part of the day. Thus, there are no pictures. Although the sky was pretty on the way home :)



Josh and I slept in today (Sunday). I actually woke up at 10:20 and had to wake him up, which is unusual. The great part of that was: he had somewhere to be at 11. Disc golf w/ some guys from church. I took my time and enjoyed the day. Buddy and I played outside 3 different times inbetween straightening up the house. Josh and I just relaxed this afternoon and watched some TV.

Tonight we had to act at church again for the little kids. I was dreading it. Like knot in my stomach dreading it, and that's just not something that happens to me. I feed off audience energy. But the part I was playing pronounced all her r's and l's as w's and was apparently supposed to have a NY accent, so I kept continuously stumbling all over them as I was practicing throughout the week. By the time we got to church, I wanted to turn right around and go home. I was a reporter. Josh was the Good Samaritan. Which was enjoyable :) He had to wear a Bible-style costume (read: dress) as you will see below. All his lines were basically saying the same thing in different ways, which is hard to memorize in order. I would have felt bad for him if I didn't have a part with an awkard lisp hah. Anyways, we seemed to do fine. Stumbled a little, but no one noticed, and the kids laughed which is a vast improvement over the booing that they did last time. We came home and made double stack tacos for dinner, which was suprisingly good considering they came from one of those taco bell taco kits (what happens when I send Josh to the store for milk.) We watched some more tv and just enjoyed each other's company. It was overall a pretty perfect weekend. We laughed a lot :)

Thanks for the business suit, Brittany! It came in very handy tonight hah.. That's Josh and his nice little Samaritan outfit. You can't see it in this picture, but he has on a fur vest thing. You can see it a little on the last picture. Jenny had to put a rope on his head thing so he didn't look like a Muslim woman heh


1 comment:

  1. The suit looks good on you! So glad that you can use it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Layout