Thursday, November 5, 2009

stuff so far

So just doing a brief post about what I've pulled out of my journey through the Old Testament so far...

What the Bible says about God: direct excerpts from NLV Genesis - some of Exodus. Not cited (although they are in my journal.) The stuff in bold is stuff it shows God specifically saying about Himself.

God created. Spirit of God. Let us... in our image, to be like ourselves. Like us, knowing good and evil. The Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on earth. It broke His heart. I am El-Shaddai - God Almighty. I will always be your God and the God of the descendants after you. The Lord kept His word. The Eternal God. The Lord of heaven and earth. I am the God of your father Abraham. I am the God who appeared to you at Bethel, the place where you anointed the pillar of stone and made your vow to me. In fact, if not for the God of my father - the God of Abraham and the fearsome God of Isaac - you would have sent me away empty-handed. I call on the God of our ancestors - the God of your grandfather Abraham and the God of my grandfather Nahor - to serve as a judge between us. The fearsome God of his father Isaac. The God who appeared to you when you fled from your brother Esau. The God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone. I am El Shaddai - God Almighty. The Lord was with Joseph in the prison and showed him His faithful love. God can tell you what it means and set you at ease. It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives. God has sent me ahead of you to keep you and your families alive and to preserve many survivors. So it was God who sent me here, not you. I am God, the God of your father. God Almighty. God Almighty. May the God before whom my grandfather Abraham and my father, Isaac, walked - the God who has been my shepherd all my life, to this very day, the Angel who has redeemed me from all harm. I trust in you for salvation, O Lord. The hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, by the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel. Don't be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. I am the God of your father - the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. I will be with you. I AM who I AM. Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you. Yahweh, the God of your ancestors - the God o Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob - has sent me to you. This my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations. The Lord, the God of the Hebrews. Who makes a person's mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go! I will be with you as you speak and I will instruct you in what to say. I am Yahweh - the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai - God Almighty, but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them. I am the Lord. I will free you from your oppression and will rescue you from your slavery in Egypt. I will redeem you with a powerful arm and acts of great judgment. I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know htat I am the Lord your God who has freed you from your oppression in Egypt. I am the Lord. I am the Lord! When I raise my powerful hand and bring out the Israelites, the Egyptians will know that I am Lord. The Lord, the God of the Hebrews. I will show you that I am the Lord. This is the finger of God. Then you will know that I am the Lord and that I am present even in the heart of your land. The Lord, the God of the Hebrews. Then you will know that there is no one like me in all the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout