Monday, October 12, 2009

my eyes are small but they have seen the beauty of enormous things

I haven't written about spiritual stuff lately because I'm attempting to read through parts of the Old Testament which raises a lot of questions and very little answers for me.

I spoke with a friend about it tonight and they mentioned having a firm knowledge in your head of who God is and then taking it from there. It made me realize that most often I associate God with love, hope, mercy, grace, forgiveness, salvation, but that God is more than just those things. Therefore, I think I am going to halt within the book of 1 Samuel, go back to the beginning, and begin reading the Bible with the primary goal of discovering who God is. I hope to be diligent in this and keep a journal where I can write down everything that God is said to be or shown to be as I go along. I think a lot of doubts or internal spiritual battles stem from not having a firm faith in all that God is. I think if I go through and put everything down where I can look back on it, it will help a lot as I encounter things I don't understand.

Anyway, that's my plan, so hopefully I'll be finding more to say.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout